[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Simple HomeBrew • View topic - A little tip when AG brewing. Wort chilling vs chill cube.

A little tip when AG brewing. Wort chilling vs chill cube.

The more complicated side of home brew. Brewing your own beers from the raw ingredients.

A little tip when AG brewing. Wort chilling vs chill cube.

Postby Scott » Thu 06 Nov, 2014 7:58 pm

A year or 2 back I read this topic to the death. People who used wort chillers swore by them and people who used chill cubes said they did the job very well. In my experience this isn't the case and I've only got 1 brew to show for it so far.

I've made some cracking brews since turning over to the dark side, but not one has had any clarity at all. I always put this down to not enough Irish Moss, out of date Irish moss or perhaps just less effective Irish moss. My next step was to move over to protafloc tablets. A couple of months ago I bit the bullet and got myself a wort chiller, completely unrelated to my clarity woes. Low and behold it's only gone and been the cure to my muddy beer issues. This brew is a month or so old, including the lagering, so it's had a decent time to drop out, and it's certainly made the most of it.

Anyway, I'll let the pictures do the talking. I'm not 100% convinced yet but I'm going to leave the rest of my process as it is to see if the trend continues. Wort chilling for the win, for the moment :)

2014-11-06 19.44.10.jpg
2014-11-06 19.58.41.jpg
2014-11-06 19.58.52.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fridge - Coopers Euro Lager, Coopers Cerveza, Wilkos Forest Fruit Cider
Corny1 - Stepped BIAB Closch
Corny2 - Evil Dog Double IPA (Conditioning)
Corny3 - MT
Corny4 - MT
FV1 - Ritchies OTR Mixed Berry (In secondary)
FV2 - Ritchies OTR Mixed Berry (Primary)
Scott
Landlord

Return to AG Brewing Discussion