[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Simple HomeBrew • View topic - Ritchies simply ginger beer

Ritchies simply ginger beer

Tried a Kit? Fancy writing a little review for us all to let us know your thoughts on it?

Ritchies simply ginger beer

Postby Lampie » Thu 28 Aug, 2014 2:28 pm

Ok first off I am a complete ginger beer n00b and have only tasted ginger ale.. Most of those non alcoholic ales are to sweet for my taste but i hope i got a bit of an impression of how a gingerbeer should taste.

Pics of brewing this kit will follow, have some performance problems with my macbook so will upload some pics during worktime..
The Crazy Dutch Guy
Lampie
Hoptastic

Re: Ritchies simply ginger beer

Postby Scott » Thu 28 Aug, 2014 5:06 pm

Let me know how you get on with the uploading. I've totally changed how it all works. I've been coding like a demon :D

Ginger beer from a kit is an absolute doddle. Simply Ginger Beer is meant to be one of the better ones, I haven't tried it because it's quite expensive :)
Fridge - Coopers Euro Lager, Coopers Cerveza, Wilkos Forest Fruit Cider
Corny1 - Stepped BIAB Closch
Corny2 - Evil Dog Double IPA (Conditioning)
Corny3 - MT
Corny4 - MT
FV1 - Ritchies OTR Mixed Berry (In secondary)
FV2 - Ritchies OTR Mixed Berry (Primary)
Scott
Landlord

Postby Lampie » Fri 29 Aug, 2014 10:17 am

I did not make pictures of all the steps there are enough good tutorials on how to brew with a kit.

But first impression is quite good, there is clear instructions on the back of the bag and there is a bag of yeast with sweetner at the bottom of the bag. To be honest I rather have a can this makes cleaning out the rest a bit easier. When you pour hot water in the bag its quite hard to clean the bag because of the heat and you cant realy hold on without burning your fingers.

But overall its a nice and easy kit to brew with clear instructions on the back.

The bag in a nice warm bath.

Used my fermenting bucket with measurements and its easier to stir everything.

When i mixed everything i transferred it to my other brewbucket

Its 7 days in the fermentation so will bottle it this weekend and cant wait to taste this.
The Crazy Dutch Guy
Lampie
Hoptastic

Postby Scott » Fri 29 Aug, 2014 11:13 am

I wouldn't be so quick to bottle it. It's never a good idea to follow the instructions to the letter as they are often very optimistic with the time it takes for things to happen. My usual rule of thumb is 10 and 10, I'd go with at least 7 and 7 (7 days primary, 7 days secondary). That way you know for a fact that the yeast is finished and they have time to clear up the brew in bulk, rather than in the bottle. Always makes for a cleaner brew.
Corny3 - MT
Corny4 - MT
Scott
Landlord

Postby Scott » Thu 13 Nov, 2014 1:33 am

How did this one turn out?
Corny3 - MT
Corny4 - MT
Scott
Landlord

Return to Kit Brewing Reviews